Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Three Days Off

I took the last three days off, but for very good reasons. I made it back out onto the road today, and I'll talk more about that once I get down to today's ride.

Sunday

This was a planned day off so that I could go to the New England Open Go Tournament at MIT. I didn't do that well (won 1, lost 2, and a bye), but I got some ideas for improving my game.

Monday

Mondays are my planned rest day, and for good reason. I go into the office on Mondays, and the commute eats up two and a half hours of my day each way.

Tuesday

This was the only day I took off that I didn't plan to do so. We woke up that morning to a failed Sump Pump, and after sloshing around trying to get it working all morning my back was giving me some serious problems.

Todays Ride


View 13 Mile 2 in a larger map
Today I actually had to run a few errands, so I made sure that my route took me through downtown. My back was still giving me trouble at the beginning of the ride, but by the end it was fine.

My favorite part of this ride was when I went by Kimball Farm. I guess in the summer they have a corn maze, and they don't bother taking down the sign in the winter, so I was able to solve the maze instantly from the road. They also sell hay, which I made a mental note of so that we could pick some up for our guinea pigs when we run low.

Donations

I don't want to be too pushy about donations, but I found out that check-in on the morning of the event will be significantly easier if I raise the $250 by April 8th. If you look at the bottom of the page, you can see that so far only $75 has been donated. You can make a donation here, so please do so soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment