Saturday, March 5, 2011

First Long Ride

Today's Ride



View in a larger map
Well, today I rode 33.9 miles, which is the furthest I've ridden since I began training. Every part of my body is sore right now, and I learned a couple things about long rides.

Bring keys

I'll probably have to stop for the bathroom and need to lock up my bike.

Bring a second water bottle

My camelbak works great for the 10-15 mile loops that I've been doing during the week, but it ran out about halfway through the ride today.

Bring a couple food bars

I brought one food bar, and was really wishing during the last stretch that I had a second one for an additional energy boost.


Although it was a difficult trek, I was very excited that my average speed, even with the exhaustion, was 10mph. This shows that my training is having a pretty beneficial effect, and that I'll probably be able to make the 12.5mph goal easily.

I know I wrote a lot about training yesterday, but on such a long ride I really didn't do any of those techniques. I was so focused on just finishing the ride that I didn't really give much thought to training.

1 comment:

  1. I am very proud of you for doing this both for yourself and for your Grandfather's memory.

    ReplyDelete