Thursday, February 25, 2010

Arm Warmers!






So today I decided to try something new, I've been doing Amis mostly, but since I was making an afghan for my cousin I had some left over yarn. I decided that since I don't know what else to do with gold yarn I'd try arm warmers for Monica. I used a free pattern from Lion's Brand that I adapted to spirals rather then working it up in a flat sheet and then seaming it up. Its a trial run for the pair I want to make for me. They worked up very fast, 2 movies and 1 start of Labyrinth and they were done. I think they would have worked better if I had used smoother yarn (I used a homespun yarn that was very soft but oddly textured) but hey, free arm warmers for Monica from yarn I needed to buy for the blanket anyway.

Babies! They are so adorable, everyone should admire and adore them.



1 comment:

  1. I really like the arm warmers. It looks like a trend that could catch on.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete